Wednesday, January 13, 2010

After a long break, I'm back

So I haven't run for weeks, and it has started to get to me.   But I needed a goal too.   So I decided to run another half marathon, because I really didn't want to take the time to train for a marathon, and I thought that a shorter run would not be worth the registration fees, etc...   Then I had to find a race with a reasonable date, so I chose this one:  http://www.rhoderaces.com/ which is on May 2.  It's a tall order to train for a half marathon during the winter, but I didn't know what my summer schedule was, and I didn't want to run in the middle of the summer, and October seemed too far off for a goal, and on and on.  :)

I received the book "The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer", and it has been very good.  I am going to  take things slowly, and will ramp up to running a half by around May 2, about half of the listed marathon training schedule.   I ran my first night tonight, which is part of the pre-training weeks.  15 minutes run, 5 minutes walk, 15 minutes run, 5 minutes walk.  The schedule requires 4 days a week running.  Here is the schedule:



Let the running commence!

No comments: