Friday, June 13, 2008

Broken through the ceiling

My heel was hurting a lot this morning, but I set out anyway.  I was favoring my right leg a bit as I ran, but I told myself that it would get better, and it did a bit.  After a while, I thought that if I took a break between my runs that it would hurt more when I started up again.  I wasn't feeling any worse after I ran past what was normally around my 10 minute mark, either with my legs or being winded, so I kept going.  I ran to my turn-around point (which is normally around 15 min), and back to past where normally my second 10-min run would end.  I refused to look at my watch the whole time, because I felt it would be discouraging, but when I finally did, I had run 20 minutes straight!  I stopped then, stretched, ran a bit, and walked the rest of the way home.  I didn't want to push my heel that much, but the next stage of my running schedule was to run 20 minutes anyway, so I had already satisfied the schedule.  Now the point is to run longer than 20 minutes.  

I also notice how quickly an asymmetry  is felt.  I feel sore on my right thigh, and my lower right back, having favored a little my right leg due to my left heel being sore.  

No comments: