Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Checking in

Things have been busy on the home front. Natalie and I recently saw off my brother, Bob's, family after a visit of almost a week, and before that it seemed like quite a long time with a sick child. Running had fallen by the way side for a bit, but having Bob over really helped get back into it, running a couple of miles a day. So, I've gotten through all of the Long Now lectures that I had downloaded some time back, and now I'm listening to the book that Goldstein did in cahoots with the Dalai Lama on destructive emotions. Interesting stuff. I have to say that, in cases like this when a spiritual figure is involved with talking about the scientific basis of their work, I am immediate suspicious, which is fun to watch as I listen. That said, some of the findings that they've described have been quite interesting and have encouraged me to revisit that other healthful, lapsed habit, meditation.
Love that diagram that you did last time, Brian. How did you do it? Visio? Or the open source equivalent?

No comments: