Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Growing the run

I've found that, while the 2 mile run that I usually do has become easier (hills and all) and I feel that I've definitely built some strength, that actually running a reasonable distance takes getting up earlier. Now, in particular, with the light coming later, it's getting harder to do that! Gripe gripe gripe. Feeling emotionally blah. Today, my shin hurt... it's the same vague pain that can get fairly intense, that goes all the way back to when I used to run in high school, but was injured a bit jumping out of the way of a truck. At that time, I thought I might have broken my leg, although nothing showed up on x-rays, but since that time, I've often been at least vaguely plagued with pain in the same spot. Perhaps that's a matter that can be served by stretching?
OK. It's getting late. Time to get everyone up.

No comments: