Thursday, September 18, 2008

Perfect Route?

How wonderful. Just a week or so before the collective 5k's, I think I found the perfect route. http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2271462
It's about 5.5k and spans only 50 feet, although there are a few steep spots. Oh, wait. That's meters. Damn. Well, about 200 feet of elevation changes. In any case, relatively flat for the area, which is quite nice. It goes along a little park for a bit, and through small residential streets for almost the entirety, giving me some nice time to listen to podcasts. (I'm working my way through the ValuesHacker series, which is sort of the Cartalk guys doing philosophy.)

Well, it's still dark, but everyone in the house should be up soon, which is kind of weird. I guess that winter is coming. I'm starting to think about what to do to stay in shape afterward. Turns out that I've lost very little weight in this process, possibly because I haven't been consistent enough, but that I feel better generally. Perhaps it's one of those things where I picked up some muscle mass in exchange for some weight, possibly. In any case, work has a little weight/training room that I can use for about 15/month ; maybe that would make sense.

Looking forward to this weekend. Natalie's uncle Taras and Clara, a lovely pair, are in town starting tomorrow. Lots of possible activities, but the highlight really is to get them together with Hazel and to expand her circle a bit. :)

No comments: