Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tomorrow is the big day!

So here I am, after 4 months of training, still recovering from my plantar fascia injury, but going strong. 11am tomorrow I will begin the race, with my goal to finish it. :)

Looking back over the blog, I can really appreciate how far I've come. I've had a lot of childhood baggage to overcome, and tomorrow I am going to surmount it in style! I've heard that there are 3000+ people running in tomorrow's 5k, so I imagine that Bill will have a slightly lonelier run than I.

On Thursday I get my steroid shot for my foot to hopefully put the last of the plantar behind me. Then I have to break for a week from running, and I have to decide what my next goal will be. Perhaps a 10k in the spring, or something else...not sure yet.

No comments: