Monday, September 22, 2008

A pretty nice morning

I feel kinda sad that I didn't actually run yesterday, but I made up for this morning with a nice 5.5k, which is actually remarkably like the run that I used to do when I was running a few years ago (pre-child.) Remarkably, at least on this day and in the wee hours of the morn, it doesn't seem nearly so bad as it once did, which I think speaks to some progress over these last few months.
It's been remarkably nice, too, to have this common way of recording progress along with Brian, and to have been making progress is rough parallel! Thanks, Brian, for taking the initiative to set all this up, and for allowing me to come along for the ride! I'm proud of you and your persistence!
I've been listening to the Zencast podcast, which has been fun. One of them finished up in the middle of the run and rather than starting another right away, I put the iPod away for a little while. It really is quite striking how different it is to run! I'm not sure I would say it was any easier, or harder, but the mind goes to different places. I think I appreciated the wonderful houses along parts of my route more today, and certainly the incest fauna. Perhaps, as with all things, a balance is called for?

No comments: