Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cross Training Yesterday, Intervals Today

After taking Sunday off and icing my knee and ankles, I did an hour of cross training on the elliptical on Monday. I actually felt better than anticipated. After about 45 minutes or so, I started to get a little knee pain and that same pain near my left ankle. Iced when I got home and kept a compression sleeve on the knee for awhile last night.

This afternoon, I went back to running. Today was a tempo interval day, so I went to the gym. I did a total of 6 miles, 1 mile warm-up and 3 x 1.5 miles at 8:40 pace and whatever was left over to recover after the tempo runs. I had zero knee pain which was nice, but my left foot is still screwed up. It hurts when I push off, under my ankle bone and kind of through the arch. Overall, I was pretty satisfied. Off day tomorrow.

Time to start applying for jobs. Scary.

No comments: