Sunday, October 18, 2009

First Half Marathon!

So I got home from my first half marathon, which I did in 2 hr 23 minutes (gun time, PR). It was wet, cold, and windy right along the ocean in Newport. After the first mile, the wetness didn't affect me until the last 0.1 mile, when the wind picked up and it sleeted horizontally. My knees got bad at times, but I noticed that for some odd reason, if I ran along with the song "Duck and Run" by Third-eye Blind, my knees wouldn't hurt. I'd notice immediately if I ran too fast, or too slow, but right at that rhythm I had no knee problems. Weird! Of course it meant that I had to listen to that song for an hour! :P

When I got back home, the hot shower never felt so good. The girls had painted a nice congratulations sign for the door, and heated up a neck warmer for me when I got home. Very nice welcome!


No comments: