Monday, October 26, 2009

A Week Later...

... and I am finally feeling back to normal.

Wow! I can't believe that the Newport half has come and gone. This run shot right to the top of the list for most interesting. Despite the insane weather, I managed to come close enough to my goal time to call it a victory. 2 hours and 24 seconds... I suppose I shouldn't have called Dan at mile 10! I spent until Wednesday limping around with sore knees and ankles, but I am feeling much better.

Did a 4 mile run on Thursday afternoon. My legs were really tired after about 2 miles! Today I went out for another 4 mile run. It was pretty good, but my muscles are still a bit sore. Thinking it would be a good time to get a massage!

Today I found out that the 10k I wanted to run just before Thanksgiving is actually a 5k, which is a bummer. There aren't any other races in the area longer than a 5k around the same time. Guess this is going to be a true test of dedication, as I try to maintain a base through the winter.

I am going to cut down on mileage (I guess probably upping the mileage as of late) and try to do an equivalent of 20 miles per week. That should be enough to destress and stay in relatively decent shape so that my interviewing suits fit me!

No comments: