Monday, October 5, 2009

More of the same...knees!

So I did 10 miles yesterday, and my knees were a pain, and still are. With my schedule, I was slacking on my quad exercises. Now I need to get back into them for the next two weeks or the half will be a real challenge. It seems to kick in after 5 or so miles, so in the winter when I run less I probably won't have the issue as much.

It's the sort of thing that makes me feel a bit nervous about the half. I'm glad you have to put some money down to go, because it does help get one over the motivational hump!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I always make sure to take some Motrin before a race. Helps a lot. Also, there is this stuff Biofreeze, which is pretty good. Kind of like Icy hot... they usually have samples at running expos, but I have seen it at the chiropractor's office and also at some massage studios.

I know you probably don't need to hear this... but the last two miles of the half I ran in Sept. we excruciating. But crossing the finish line is exhilarating!