Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Yes, a week later

Now that I am finally dry, I think I might be able to start again. :)

Actually, I ran 3 miles on Sunday, which was gorgeous (why couldn't the half had been on *that* day?), but my left knee is still bothering me quite a bit. I have to plan what to do for the winter. I'm thinking about trying to finally learn how to swim, which might complement my running well (low impact). I also have to figure out this knee thing...

I'm really glad I have this blog for training. There were several things that helped me train for the half, directly related to this blog. It was nice to see someone else struggling with injuries, and overcoming them, so that I didn't feel quite so alone. I also liked Becky's comment that the first couple miles of a run are often the worst, which helped me on more than one occasion to keep going. I also like looking back at the beginning to see how far I've come.

Now I have to find a race in the spring to train for! If I learn to swim, perhaps I'll look into triathalons. :)

No comments: