Thursday, August 27, 2009

Going Long

In a change of strategy, I moved my long run from the weekend to mid week. At least that way if I don't run over the weekend, I will still get a long run in for the week. I went 10 miles today and I didn't take my watch. The weather was absolutely perfect- no humidity, enough cloud cover that the sun wasn't beating down on me, and a nice fall like temperature. Amazingly I sweat a lot less during that run than I have in the past month!

I felt pretty good for the first 5-6 miles, but as I got closer to the end my right knee got pretty sore. We'll see how it feels tomorrow, but I think I might be dealing with a rejuvenation of lateral patella compression syndrome which I struggled with in the spring. Guess I will have to get back to the knee exercises after all.

Overall, today was a nice run. It was good to get outside and run a new route, which I think I will definitely use again!

3 comments:

bblais said...

Welcome back to the sore knee club! :)

Becky said...

Thanks :(

bblais said...

Hey, all the cool people are in this club. ;)