Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A looong break...

Has it really been a week? It's amazing how time gets away! The dissertation is worse, but I wouldn't have expected to have gone a week since running. I have to say, of all the times I've taken up running, this start has been far more beset with obstacles. My ankle/foot is still bothering me. Having never truly followed through on my pt when I had my tib-fib fracture many years ago, I've never gotten the full mobility back, but that seems not to be the whole issue here, since that was also the case last time. Maybe I simply need to start with walking and hope that it's mostly the impact.

And now I'm feeling old, but I've also developed a testicular/abdomen pain on my right side. At first, I thought perhaps it was appendicitis, but it hasn't gotten any worse since last Thursday when it appeared. My non-doctoral pet theory now is that it is related to the height of my daughter, or rather where her foot now tends to kick me. Ow!

Grouchy. I was sad to see that the theater that had been opened up the street to benefit the women's shelter has closed. Another in a string of failed businesses in this little area. It's a nice little jog of .7 miles or so and finding out what was playing was a great motivator.

OK.. running late. My thoughts are with you today, bro., and tomorrow. Natalie's, too. Let us know if there is anything we can do to be of help. Love you.

No comments: