Thursday, May 8, 2008

The rain falls mainly on the pain

I woke up at 4:15am this morning to the sound of pouring rain.  I drifted in and out until the alarm at 5am, and crawled out of bed.  By the time I got out, it was a light sprinkle.  I did 4 min walk/3 min run for 4 times.  This was the hardest run so far, and the rain increased over the course of the run.  By the end, it actually felt nice to be rained on!

I started feeling this cramp in my right side and right shoulder.  It reminded me of childhood, when I would run and get these same cramps.  I also tried running early in college, and was always stopped by the pain involved in running.  The difference here is the goal: 5k by September, plus a bit of experience pushing myself.

I'll stay at 4/3 walk/run for a couple of days, and hopefully I will get better.  I have already noticed that the time that I look at my watch to see if my cycle is done has been increasing on its own by about 20-25 seconds each day.

I saw the brown bunny this morning.  :)

1 comment:

Bill said...

Great photographs! So, you really are up in the early morn!