Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Rabbits and no Asthma

So I did another 7 min run/2 min walk x 3 today.  It felt really hard today, but I made it through.  My stamina, however, is definitely improving.  I noticed it the other day climbing stairs at the train station, where I wasn't winded at all at the top.

I saw Mr Rabbit today (just one).  He ran off, showing off his fluffy white tail.  

One thing I was thinking about today is all the reasons I didn't do running before.  I convinced myself that it was too hard, both in terms of challenge and on the knees and ankles.  Not that I have ever really had knee problems (except in middle school), but it was a reason nonetheless.  Growing up my excuse was always my asthma, which kept me out of the fall leaves, and kept me out of gym a number of times.  When I went to college it completely disappeared, only to come back again for the semester I was back at home, and then disappeared again after that.

In this whole running experience, I have not had even a hint of asthma.  In fact, I haven't had a hint of asthma for 15 years now.  It is nice to see that I have put that behind me, finally, and can move on.  Sometimes I wonder what my life would have been like without this constant issue in my childhood.  It's just nice to not have it anymore!

No comments: